Thursday, November 29, 2007

Castle Cake

Hey guys I'm back with a new cake! This cake I made last year for two birthdays and they were for two gorgeous boys who turned 7 and 6. The boys were right into castles last year and they wanted the cake this colour. The first one was a mission. I had no idea what I was doing all I had was a picture ( this is the way that I do make them) but this one was extra difficult.

I started with a square cake and iced it with my famous butter icing. I then added the corner bits and this was hard. I had three atempts at this part and gave up as it would not work and i got very grumpy!!! .The top of the cake was made with ice cream cones!! They were placed on the corners and then covered with butter icing. This was very messy but lots of fun!!

Then all that was needed was the decorations, the children wanted pebbles!!! The best part of both of these cakes was the exciment that the children shared and ofcourse eating the cake. I do get a bit sad when the cake is cut there is alot of hard work that has gone into it but it tastes Sooooo Goooood!!!!

These are my pictures of the castles they are both the same. I will crop the photos in my computer and they will be eaiser to see!!!



No comments: