I normally use my famous butter icing for my cakes ( as you all know) but this time I decided to try soft white icing icing that you but at the supermarket ( not the almond icing yuck!) I also tried powdered food colouring and wow this colour was really vibriant and really easy to work with. The hard part is kneeding the colour into the soft white icing.
I covered the cake in butter icing first as this acts as a sealer on the cake and it also gives the soft white icing something to stick to. Once I kneeded the colour into the icing I rolled it out to the size and height of the cake. Be careful is you use this as it rips very easy so i found out!!!Once the icing was placed on the cake (very carefully) i pressed it down and cut the excess edges off. With the excess edges I rolled them into a thin sausage shape and placed it around the edge of the cake this worked really well and finished the cake well.

Decorating this cake was very easy as it didn't need much I did put sand around it (its butter icing and brown sugar!). This cake went down really well with the kids and the adults. I also got the seal of approval from my husband so it must have been good.
This cake took me about 2 hours to make and decorate a lot of fun was had with this cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment